Legacy systems play important roles in the operations of many successful businesses.
But as time passes and new technology continues to develop these legacy systems can begin to show their age. When dealing with legacy systems many people believe starting from a blank canvas is the way to go. But this means throwing away years of investment and sacrificing a vital cog that has helped form the backbone of your business.
Legacy systems commonly operate on outdated technology, yet they still play a pivotal role in the daily business operations of a company. These systems are an essential part of business operations, but at the same time they may be hindering the performance and output of that business. This leaves businesses in a difficult situation, caught between replacing their current system at great expense or continuing to operate with an outdated system.
At Nano Solutions we pride ourselves on bringing legacy systems into the current digital age. With ingenuity and great code we can ensure your legacy system can continue to function seamlessly alongside modern technology well into the future.
Updating and modernising your legacy system may seem like a big investment, but it’s one that will pay dividends.
- Some reports estimate that up to 80% of a company’s IT budget is spent on legacy system upkeep.
- An updated system will provide a much greater experience for staff and customers. This results in greater internal efficiency, but more importantly will appeal to potential customers and increase user satisfaction
- The upgrade process allows for inefficiencies within an organisation’s workflow to be uncovered. Improvements can then be made which results in an increase in productivity and efficiency.
The Nano Approach:
At Nano Solutions we understand how important your legacy systems are for the day-to-day running of your business. These legacy systems often represent the key asset of a business and have involved years of investment. So why throw it all away? Our pragmatic approach to development ensures that your valuable asset isn’t wasted. Just because a system or technology is old does not mean that it is redundant.
Our process employs simple fixes and patches that strengthen and update legacy systems in such a way that they are rejuvenated. We don’t force technology on you that you don’t need, we restore and update what is there to give it a new lease on life. This pragmatic outlook encompasses everything we do and provides our clients with a solution that other developers would overlook.
Real World Example:
At Real-time Geochemistry the existing QA/QC process management tool generated too much data. Coupled with poor interface design, interpretation of data was difficult and time consuming. Nano Solutions incorporated expert analysis of sample data into the QA/QC process management tool. Nano Solutions cut down resolution time from months to days! The simple interface enables easy aggregation and interpretation of data. The system itself is adaptable. Underlying algorithms can be changed without compromising intuitiveness and ease-of-use. Nano Solutions were QA/QC First Prize Winners at Unearthed Perth 2015 for their design.
FAQ/Did You Know?
- Up to 80% of an organisation’s IT spend may be wasted on continual fixes of an outdated legacy system.
- The development process may uncover inefficiencies and bottlenecks within your business that can now be rectified. Not only will the improved and upgraded system enable greater productivity, but by identifying problems during the development process the efficiency of a business can also be improved. This provides a win-win for the business.
- 50% of CIOs place modernising legacy systems within their top 5 priorities.